Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Malazan and Me

In a long line of readers who have enjoyed Steven Erikson's Malazon series, I loved the third book. Finally, I have some idea of what the series is about! There's a reason every single review you will ever read of the Malazan series includes some variation of the words, "grand scale." Throughout the first and second books I was convinced there was some huge underlying scheme I was either unable to understand, or Erkison had yet to find me worthy of letting me in on the secret.

That being said, all three books were amazing. Erikson is a master of character; following the different viewpoints and various plot lines proved a wonderful distraction to not knowing what is going on. Between the three books, I cried twice, laughed more than once and was forced to stop reading at several points in absolute awe. Glad there is more to come.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! You've sold me. I'll start it soonish, I promise.

    ReplyDelete